These are books I tell my friends about.
Biography of Phil Knight, Nike's founder.
Fascinating history of six innovations that made the modern world.
Jeff Bezos biography from Brad Stone.
Better than the Walter Isaacson book.
Pretty crazy life of Elon Musk.
Great business book that I can relate to as a family man.
Here are some of my favorite articles I always tell my friends about.
- Give it five minutes
- "A few years ago I used to be a hothead. Whenever anyone said anything, I'd think of a way to disagree. I'd push back hard if something didn't fit my world-view."
- The Munger Operating System: How to Live a Life That Really Works
- "You'll be most successful where you're most intensely interested."
- 1997 Amazon.com Shareholder Letter
- This gets reprinted every year Amazon publishes their shareholder letter. Back to the roots.
- The next big thing will start out looking like a toy
- To distinguish toys that are disruptive from toys that will remain just toys, you need to look at products as processes.